Every HVAC system in Royersford, PA requires the guidance of a properly working thermostat to adjust the temperature in your home. Without this vital part of the system, your air conditioner would have no way to know when to run or for how long.
Having a thermostat in your home is only part of the solution though. If you have a thermostat that doesn’t work correctly or efficiently, you are still going to run into trouble. Poor temperature control may be the result of a bad thermostat that is in control of your air conditioner. The solution? It may be a thermostat upgrade!
How to Tell Your Thermostat Is Acting Up
Not sure if you are due for a thermostat upgrade? Watch out for these warning signs that will alert you that the time has come.
- Poor temperature detection: The house feels pretty warm, so you go to check the thermostat only to discover that it is reading the temperature indoors as being nice and cool. You can tell that this isn’t right. This may mean you have a miscalibrated thermostat or it may mean your thermostat needs to be upgraded because it is unable to read temperatures correctly.
- Frequent short cycling: This term refers to when your air conditioner experiences interrupted or shortened cooling cycles. While this may indicate an issue in your AC, it can also indicate that there is a problem with your thermostat. Maybe there is a problem with the connection between your thermostat and your AC, or perhaps your thermostat is having issues with reading the temperature properly. Whatever the cause, make sure to have your thermostat checked to see if it is creating the short cycling.
- Delayed response or no response: You want to change the temperature on your thermostat. The problem is that the system isn’t responding or, if it is, it is taking a long time to do so! This can be a sign that your thermostat is on its last leg and it needs to be replaced.
The Benefits of Upgrading Your Thermostat
When you upgrade your thermostat, it won’t just be to get a system that matches your home’s style more than before. Thermostat upgrades also offer noticeable benefits that can include:
- Better temperature control: An updated system is going to be able to detect temperatures more accurately, which will help provide you with better temperature control.
- Better energy efficiency: When your thermostat is upgraded, it can offer some great new options to control the temperature in your home, such as creating programs, which will help to optimize your AC use and lower your energy consumption.
- Fewer system troubles: A new, properly installed thermostat is less likely to create trouble for your HVAC system like short cycling.
Know Your Options: Wi-Fi and Smart Thermostats
Two of the most sought-after types of thermostats today are smart thermostats and Wi-fi thermostats. With added perks like the ability to change the temperature in your home remotely or create energy-saving comfort programs, it is easy to see why many people would want one of these thermostats in their home.
Whatever kind of thermostat you want in your home, our team is here to help. Schedule your next HVAC system service with Quality Degree Heating & Air Conditioning.