You may have just started to use your heater now and then. It might be disconcerting to already be hearing some odd noises from the system. That said, if you are hearing strange sounds while using your heater, we’d advise getting the system checked. You may have a problem that can be easily fixed—and getting to it early can prevent it from getting a lot worse!
Here are some of the sounds that your heater is not meant to make. If you hear these noises, you’ll want to schedule heater repairs in Royersford to get things working right again.
Be on the Alert for These Sounds
If you hear any of these sounds, then it is worthwhile to talk to a professional technician about getting your heater tuned up or repaired.
- Rattling: A rattling or even a clanging noise from your heating system is an indicator of a loose part that needs to be addressed. The rattling of a loose screw or bolt can escalate if that part breaks free and starts bouncing around the system and creating more damage.
- Hissing: You want to hear the whoosh of air coming from your heater but not a hiss of air. Hissing is always a troubling sound. This noise is caused by issues like refrigerant escaping through a leak in the line or, in the case of a furnace, it might be a sign of a cracked heat exchanger.
- Screeching: If your heater sounds like it is screaming at you, then now is the time to get repairs. This sound is created when metal scrapes against metal such as when your blower motor bearings are dry. Make sure to have a technician check out a screeching heater before it breaks down.
- Bubbling: If you have a heat pump, you may encounter a bubbling noise which should be a cause for concern. Bubbling is created by air bubbles entering the refrigerant line through a leak. This is a big problem because air isn’t just getting in, refrigerant is getting out!
Are There Other Warning Signs to Watch For?
Sounds aren’t the only warning sign to be on the alert for. Make sure to have a technician check out your system if you notice any of the other warning signs listed here:
- Concerning smells
- Short cycling or nonstop running
- High energy bills
- Weak airflow in one or more parts of the house
- Reduced heating in one or more parts of the house
It is a good idea to know what the warning signs are of a problem in your heating system. This can allow you to figure out sooner if you need professional repairs. As a result, the repairs will be taken care of more quickly and you will end up preventing an early system replacement.
Our team has served homes like yours since 1996. We’ve worked with a variety of heating systems so you can trust you are in good hands when you work with us.
Contact Quality Degree Heating & Air Conditioning to schedule the repairs you need.
The post Concerning Noises to Hear From a Heater first appeared on Quality Degree Heating & Air Conditioning.